In Stitches

Tuesday, June 06, 2006

The House on the Hill

Or should I say "houses"... LOL The little houses are such a relief to stitch after the mammoth house in the first block. Although I have to say I am getting a bit tired of orange, and that's saying something cuz I "love" orange. ;) I decided the next block I'm working on is the blue house, just so I can see something aside from ORANGE. LOL, LOL

I did have one problem that I *had* to fix. My block was off by one stitch. Normally a glitch like this wouldn't have mattered to me. But in this case if I didn't fix it then the blocks above and below it would've been off by one as well. So it's fixed and I am nearly finished with the third house on the hill. I did that one last night. They go quite fast when they are smaller. :D I anticipate being onto the blue house in a day or so.

I am enjoying stitching the houses, but I do have to warn y'all that the colors can be tricky. My first house on the hill, doesn't look exactly like the one in the picture. I can assume that is because I'm using the DMC conversion. However, the door looks totally different and I followed the pattern colors. It would appear that the model stitch doesn't follow the colors for the door on this little house. Not a big thing, but it you want yours to be *very* similar to the model it can be important. I am now consulting the model before I start stitching away just to make sure that I like how my colors are comparing and tweeking them if needed. For instance my house is a bit oranger than the model, which is the conversion I'm sure. If I had paid attention I could've subbed a darker orange and gotten the same effect as the model. It's a minor thing, but can make the difference in whether you love it or hate it. (Of course if you use the suggested silks, it shouldn't be an issue.)

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


I also got my "Feed the Birds" project framed. Simple but nice I think. :D

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


The black frame really makes the blue fabric pop. :D

I was saddened to learn of Allison's loss of her husband last week. She is definately in my thoughts during this difficult time. I'm sure none of us want to contemplate the loss of a loved one...I know it makes me appreciate the people in my life all that much more. Please send your kind thoughts to Allison.

10 comment(s):

Great progress - I really am starting to like this piece after seeing so many stitch it.

By Blogger Unknown, at 6/06/2006 12:20 PM  

Hi Kim, your progress is looking good.
Your framed 'Birds...'looks wonderful too.

By Blogger Mylene, at 6/06/2006 4:57 PM  

I was waiting for a HoHRH update from you! Well done! Despite the oranginess (which doesn't bother me at all), I think your wee houses are looking great.

By Blogger Annemarie, at 6/06/2006 5:06 PM  

The black frame looks excellent...the blue does stand out doesn't it. I think the HOHRH is looking pretty good so far.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6/06/2006 5:35 PM  

Great stitching.

I too was shocked and saddened to hear about Ali's husband. My cousin died on the same date (age 34), 2 years ago now and my husband walked out 4 days later.

By Blogger Unknown, at 6/06/2006 6:15 PM  

Haven't been able to read blogs in a while. So I had to do a lot of catching up with yours...lol
Your new project seems fun. Your framed project looks great also, and you're right the black frame does make all those blues pop.

By Blogger Carol, at 6/06/2006 8:39 PM  

Wow, you are just tearing right through this project - I can't believe how quickly you're going!!! It looks fantastic!

By Blogger mainely stitching, at 6/07/2006 2:19 AM  

Hi Kim!
At last I can see the pics! They would not display before! How can you comment on something you can't see, really?!
I love your feed the birds project: very cute -and I love birds (wink)!
Your houses look great to me, but I can understand you're not satisfied with the conversion! These are always odd! Better to have a good pic for reference! Fortunately, in this case, the orange is beautiful...
Ali's in my mind all the time, it's a terrible loss. And what she wrote is so full of love...
Take care, Kim, and let's all seize the days!

By Blogger Leeland, at 6/08/2006 2:32 AM  

Feed the Birds looks fantastic! I like the simple approach. And your HOHRH is coming along very well, too. I'm glad that you are enjoying it. :)

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6/08/2006 9:04 AM  

Feed the Birds is really gorgeous - that frame really sets it off beautifully :) and your HOHRH is coming along great - you're whizzing through the stitching :D

By Blogger Anne S, at 6/11/2006 2:34 AM  

Post a comment

<< Home