In Stitches

Friday, May 19, 2006

My Next Project

I finished up Feed the Birds so quickly I couldn't believe it was done! It turned out great and will look wonderful in the frame I have for it.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


It was much easier to stitch than it appeared at first!

My next project while being an "easy" stitch will be HUGE. I am going to stitch Houses of Hawk Run Hollow. *All* of them, at *one* time. LOL For those of you who haven't seen this project, there is a small pic of it at the right that you can click to see a larger version. It's a HUGE project. When finished (on 16ct) it will easily fit into a 22" h x 28" w frame. It's so big it's kind of mind boggling. But for some reason I am determined to stitch it...anxious even. I just love this project and can't wait to work on it.

I decided that it would have to be done on 16ct fabric (aida for me) and because I didn't have anything in a color I liked, I dyed a piece. I don't have a pic yet, but I love it. The fabric will give it a really old fashioned, worn out look that I think will be great.

I am curious to see how long it will take me to complete this one, as the blocks are really quite simple, it's only the general size that makes it daunting. I just know that this one is going to be an all time treasure if I can pull it off well. :D

I can't afford the expensive silks so I'm using DMC. I pulled colors last night and I don't see a problem with any of them it will have a similar look but for a lot less money.

Tonite I'm off to see the Da Vinci Code and then I will have time to start the project! Hope everyone has a great weekend!

8 comment(s):

Feed the birds looks great. That Houses of Hawk Run Hollow looks a massive untaking, but Im sure when it is finished, it will be something to treasure always :)

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5/19/2006 7:22 PM  

thats a lovely finish! love the fabric choice :)

By Blogger Sasha Farina, at 5/19/2006 9:04 PM  

Feed the Birds came out beautifully. I cannot wait to see your hand-dyed piece for HoHRH. It's a project I started, but lately I've been sidetracked - maybe you can help me get back on track! :-)

By Blogger mainely stitching, at 5/20/2006 3:08 AM  

Congrats on your finish, Kim - it looks great!
And wow, you're gonna stitch HOHRH!! So impressive. Can't wait to see your fabric!

Have a great weekend!

By Blogger Kitty Couture, at 5/20/2006 4:36 AM  

Oh Kim, you are such a brave woman! You know, I have been increasingly anxious to start this one, so let me just ask you: do you intend to stitch it in one go, or will you go back to it every now and again? I have been meaning to ask for a companion, because I'm too daunted to do it on my own...
Great work on Feed the Birds! That sure was a quick finish!

By Blogger Annemarie, at 5/21/2006 8:50 AM  

You have yet another finish, or I have to admit: two finishes!Your stitchingspeed is unique.
Good luck on HoHRH. I think it will be a lovely design to stitch: you can stitch one square at the time and it's simple.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5/22/2006 7:52 AM  

I love this feed the birds project! Your La D Da is very cute too!
And as for the big project, of course you can "pull it off well"!
You've been busy lately!
Hugs!

By Blogger Leeland, at 5/23/2006 11:38 AM  

Another great finish with the Feed the Birds! I know you'll do a wonderful job with HOHRH. Enjoy it!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5/23/2006 7:29 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home