In Stitches

Wednesday, July 05, 2006

On the Road Again

It's that time again! Everyone else is excited about the World Cup, but ME...I'm salivating over the Tour de France! (LOL) I mean what's not to love? Beautiful European vistas AND buff guys in tight shorts riding bikes... (LOL, LOL) Plus, I always seem to get a lot more stitching done during the tour than any other time. I'm sure it's cuz my butt is planted in front of the tv solidly for 3 straight weeks, but I like to imagine that these guys inspire me with all their hard work and dedication to their sport. (Okay, I confess it's the tight shorts.) ;D I had thought that this year's tour would be a bit boring since Lance Armstrong is gone and the other top riders would swoop in and steal the show. I just never imagined just HOW they would steal the show. Imagine my shock when 9 of the top riders were dropped from the tour as part of a doping scandal on the day before the race was to start. N I N E. And these are not insignificant riders these were the guys that were in contention to win. Let's just say it changed the whole race and each day that we watch you can see it. It's a wide open race, anyone could win and that makes it VERY exciting.

So we had a long weekend what with the 4th of July and taking a day off. So I did get a bit of stitching in and have made good progress on my latest house. Still would like to be faster but I'm only human. ;)

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


No major complaints on this block, the bottom was definately tricky but once past that it's just time consuming. The colors look good! I hope to speed through this one soon, but with a lot of demands at work we will have to see. :D

The weekend is close at hand and Pirates starts on Friday. I probably won't see it till Sunday, but I can't wait. The snippets I've seen look excellent.

Hope your week is going great!

7 comment(s):

I just love the little birds on the bottom of this block - they're great! :D

By Blogger Anne S, at 7/05/2006 6:44 PM  

Looking good! Oh, and I can relate to wanting to see Pirates. Orlando Bloom and Johnny Depp. Woohoo!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7/05/2006 8:33 PM  

When I see this big project and how far you've been in so little time: you make giant steps! And it's a real pleasure to see it come to life under your needle. The birds must have been tricky indeed, but I happen to like them very much too! They're a nice touch.
I won't discuss the bike part, Greg is already trying to make us adepts of this sport...
Might explain why he's not posting at the moment though: way too busy! Does he stitch in front of these pretty guys with tight shorts (I mean, I know he's not watching their bottoms, YOU are! Or may be he's watching you watch...,lol!!!)? Oh, btw, have a look at the difference when they wear black or blue, funny...
Hugs!

By Blogger Leeland, at 7/06/2006 8:10 AM  

This little house looks lovely!! I can only imagine how geat the whole thing looks

By Blogger Carol, at 7/07/2006 11:06 AM  

Oooh, your house is looking very good, Kim!
Isn't the Tour exciting this year? Like you, I had thought it wouldn't be as much fun without Lance, but quite frankly, I think it's more exciting to watch than ever! Although I do miss looking at Jan Ullrich's face when he's having a hard time! Have you ever noticed how incredibly ugly he looks sometimes? No amount of shorts can save him when he's lumbering up Alp d'Huez! Enjoy the Tour. It's nice to know that when I'm sitting in front of my tv feeling slightly guilty, that you're doing exactly the same thing ;o)

By Blogger Annemarie, at 7/07/2006 1:38 PM  

LOL at the tight shorts! Your latest house is looking great!

By Blogger mainely stitching, at 7/07/2006 3:25 PM  

Nice progress on your house!

Jack Sparrow character is fun. DD & her friends went. I'll wait for the DVD release :D

By Blogger Lelia, at 7/09/2006 12:32 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home