In Stitches

Friday, July 28, 2006

It's Growing

Slowly but surely, it's this block is starting to take shape. Not as fast as I'd like but it'll do. It's hard focusing lately, too much job related stuff sucking the life out of me. ;) I was so engrossed in getting a project done yesterday that I totally forgot that I had told Greg we would go swimming. I came home an hour late and there he is sitting on the sofa in his swimming trunks with one of our inner tubes around his waist cross stitching. It was the funniest thing I've seen in a long time. LOL

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


So far on these blocks the bottoms are always the hardest...maybe it's a hint that I should start at the tops? ;p Just kidding! I love the colors for this one and can't wait to see it take more shape. :D It's definately a long project but well worth all the work.

Annemarie: I think it's great that you are doing this as a SAL and thanks for the encouragement about the lines! My hubby said the same thing, but since when do I listen to him? ;p (Juuuuust kidding.) My main comment about the newest Tour scandal is to wait and see. I don't want to condem an innocent rider, but I also don't want to voraciously defend him only to get slapped in the face with the truth of it. If it was anything but an testosterone imbalance I don't think I'd begin to believe him. But I have to ask myself what good would it do him to take it "during" the race, especially when he's been clean up to that point. Some people say "desperation"... personally I think it's just possible that his natural levels were just way high. If you watched that stage he was kicking ass and taking names all day, in other words he was mad and aggressive. You could see it when he finished the race, hell a day like that is bound to give *any* guy a *huge* rush of testosterone. But, I'm going to wait and see, cuz if the lab does it's job on the level then they can tell if it was a natural or synthetic high that got him across the finish line.

Have a great weekend!

3 comment(s):

Congrats Kim, you're so brave with that piece! What a great idea to get rid of the boring part now :) And I really, really love your fabric :)

I agree with you about the Tour... Let's wait and see, and not decide quickly!

So, did you make it to the swimming pool in the end? ;D

By Blogger Kitty Couture, at 7/29/2006 3:55 AM  

LOL Kim.. you just made me laugh out loud with your descriptions of
Greg ....

By Blogger Sasha Farina, at 8/01/2006 3:36 AM  

Hello, been away, did u miss me?

I 'mist' your updates and I am so impressed!!!

HOHRH is looking really super, I never really liked it before, but now the colours are really great!

Waiting for next update...

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8/03/2006 6:35 AM  

Post a comment

<< Home