In Stitches

Monday, July 24, 2006

Lost in the Plains

In case you missed me, I'm back! And if you didn't, I'm still back. LOL, LOL

Work has been mind blowing these last few weeks, with a big finish by the end of this week. I will be glad when all that's left of this one is the paper dust. :D

In stitching news - I had to go out of town last week for 3 days so that slowed my progress down quite a lot. As a matter of fact it stalled it out. All the forward progress I had been making came to a grinding halt. BUT - I am getting back into the swing of things and am now working on block 1. :D And I got all the blocks outlined so that will save time as I go along. Right now it reminds me of an Advent calendar waiting for the days to be filled in. LOL

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Here is the progress on block 1. It' s not much but it's a start! :D

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


I was hoping to have this completed by September, but I don't know if that will happen...it's wide open right now. :D

Speaking of wide open, the Tour de France blew me away last week. That come back by Floyd Landis on Thursday was awe inspiring. And I had to cheer him on cuz he just blew the competition away. :D I was glad to see him win, he worked so hard for it and with his upcoming hip replacement it's dicey whether he'll be able to race again. I don't know how someone who can't easily walk up a flight of stairs can ride 2000 miles in 3 weeks, but he did it. It's definately an inspiration for all the couch potatoes out there. ;) (Me included.)

Hope everyone is having a great week so far!

9 comment(s):

hi Kim,
the weather is do un-Dutch warm, I'm not stitching at the moment. it's because we're leaving for our holidays too... but I have made a kit for a new design to stitch.
we have watched the Tour de France too every day. Floyd did a great job, but we were watching Michael Boogerd or Menchov (Rabobank-team). They didn't win....

have a great time stitching all the houses. we'll be back in a few weeks.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7/25/2006 4:32 PM  

Talk about a fantastic come from behind win for Floyd! He's native to my area, so I feel very proud. :)

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7/25/2006 5:59 PM  

I didn't follow the Tour, but the story you're telling here proves I'm wrong to boycott (well, I don't really do; I just scarcely watch TV) such events! Impressive and encouraging.
Your outlined project makes it even clearer: it's a huge -and rewarding task!!! I love it!
I'll email you back asap!
Lots of hugs, Kim!

By Blogger Leeland, at 7/26/2006 1:04 AM  

Hi Kim... its looking very nice! Keep it up..

By Blogger Sasha Farina, at 7/27/2006 1:26 AM  

Houses looks great!!
~Lana~

By Blogger Lana, at 7/27/2006 9:24 AM  

Hi !
I definitively love your fabric for the Houses !Great choice !

By Blogger Christine, at 7/28/2006 3:55 AM  

Hey Kim, you may not think this blocking out of your piece is progress, but it is!!!! I started Village of Hawk Run Hollow as a SAL (the only way I can at least hope that it will ever get finished), and I can't even bring myself to stitch the outline of the first block!
The Tour was amazing, wasn't it? Unfortunately, with all my deadlines, I didn't have time to watch a single stage, but I followed it closely. What do you think of this new scandal, though? I'm still not sure what to think or believe... Good luck at work and sorry for rambling!

By Blogger Annemarie, at 7/28/2006 5:45 AM  

Hi Kim,
once again... I just love this piece!

By Blogger Carol, at 7/28/2006 10:04 AM  

Its looking fantastic :)

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7/30/2006 5:29 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home