In Stitches

Wednesday, August 09, 2006

The Orange Glow of Evangeline

LOL I hope Greg forgives me for that title. I had mentioned that he has been working away on his project and how it looks so great and Jenna asked to see a pic. So here is his latest update.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


It looks like a lot doesn't it? But in reality this is less than 1/3 of the pattern. I was thinking that he'd gotten a BIG chunk of it done until he unfolded the entire pattern. Still, it's significant progress! AND it looks fantastic. So much more pretty in person. The fabric color just doesn't photograph well. Greg is just an amazing stitcher! It is so true that some people just have a natural talent for certain things. :D

On the housing front, I did some repairs last night and I think that I got my house worked around to where the windows don't look so bizarre. I will take a pic tonite, but all in all I am happy w/ the revised look. :D

Annemarie: I have had a passion (no pun intended) for romance novels since I was a teenager. But I usually don't share that info with others as I have been teased for this penchant. I guess I am finally at an age where I don't care what people think and freely admit that I am just a big 'ol romantic softy at heart. I even have a love for soap operas, which most people think are just cheesy junk. I actually find romance novels renew my appreciation for my own relationship by reminding me of what that first blush of love is like all over again. AND nearly all of them have a happy ending and I think we can all reap a lot of positive energy from a good 'ol fashioned happy ending. :D

4 comment(s):

Wow, please tell Greg that Evangeline is looking wonderful! Thanks for taking a picture of her for me. :) I'm glad that you were able to work around your house problems and make the necessary repairs.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8/09/2006 7:05 PM  

Wow...that is looking great!!

By Blogger Cindy, at 8/09/2006 7:50 PM  

Hear, hear, Kim! Imagine the reactions when I told everyone I was going to translate romance novels. People thought it was a waste of my degree. Well, pooh to them.
Greg's lady is looking mighty fine. How long has he been working on this??? And how's your Houses? Or have you been too busy working on your own house?

By Blogger Annemarie, at 8/11/2006 4:05 AM  

Evangeline looks lovely! The colors are definitely better than they seemed in the package pic.

I can understand your love of romance novels. I'm not always a fan myself, but from time to time a well-written love plot in some of the historical or fantasy fiction I read is nice. (As long as there aren't too many cheesy references to "throbbing members" and the like!! LOL)

By Blogger Erin, at 8/11/2006 8:37 AM  

Post a comment

<< Home