In Stitches

Thursday, August 31, 2006

In Which the Cat Says...

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


...why are you bothering me, insignificant human?

Here is another update of my current block.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


I love how those diamonds turned out, very striking. :D And so I decided to get another pic of the whole project's progress.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


It's finally filling up! I never thought I'd get this top row finished and now it's really getting there. :D I do think though that I'm going to have to go back at the end to fill in the black on Block 6. It's just too pale and hard to see without it.

The latest SBQ: How do you share your finished pieces with others? Do you frame them, scan and/or photograph them, or do you have another method that you would like to share?

Typically I just photograph them and put them in my gallery or on this blog. I also frame and finish them for display at home or as gifts. I really enjoy finishing things and bringing them to work to show to the ladies I work with. They get a kick out of seeing what I make and how I finish it. Showing off the work is a reward in itself, the praise I get keeps me motivated! :D

I got the following from Jenna's blog. Very fun and quite accurate about my personality. ;)




Dark Purple



To others, you seem a bit dark, mysterious, and moody.

In truth, you are just a very unique person who doesn't care what others think.

And you really enjoy your offbeat interests and friends.

You've decided that life is about living for yourself - simple as that.

What Color Purple Are You?

10 comment(s):

It's crazy how accurate that test is, isn't it?

Your HoHRH is looking really fantastic! Thanks for the full shot; I loved seeing the whole thing. I'm afraid you're right about block 6, though. Sorry you'll have to stitch all of that black background, but it will really stand out beautifully when you're done!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8/31/2006 3:22 PM  

Looks FABULOUS!! I'm jealous because I really, really, like the HoHRH better than the VoHRH...I love the morbid verse! I've decided I'm going to do the houses after my village and seeing your beautiful work makes it that more of a top priority.

I agree #6 needs the black...yucky, yuck I know...all that stitching, but I'll have to endure a block like that too...look at Block #12 on VoHRH...
Keep stitching, I'll keep reading and slobbering all over my keyboard because of your work!
;o) Vonna

By Blogger Vonna Pfeiffer, at 8/31/2006 4:37 PM  

HoHRH looks wonderful! Thanks for letting all of us drool over what you have done so far.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8/31/2006 6:05 PM  

Pretty WIP and pretty kitty! Love them both!

By Blogger Michelle-ozark crafter, at 8/31/2006 7:34 PM  

A perfect, wise philosophy of life!
I agree about the background, though I think half stitches might be enough? Anyway, you're halfway through and it is GREAT!
And your cat is the kind you want to cuddle all the time!!!
The witch is coming along nicely! She must be very happy to be able to stand on her feet! lol...
Lots of hugs!

By Blogger Leeland, at 9/01/2006 4:33 AM  

Jesse looks so comfy! :)
And you've done loads on HofRHH. Congrats!
Enjoy your weekend! :)

By Blogger Kitty Couture, at 9/01/2006 5:09 AM  

Your full project are marvellous!!!and big very big!! Have a nice week end!!

By Blogger Chiara, at 9/01/2006 9:44 AM  

It's great to see all your houses together. you'll be a big home-owner... It's very appealing, but I'm not allowed (by myself) to buy or start anything big.

have a nice weekend

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9/01/2006 4:33 PM  

My goodness, woman! I'm away for a couple of days (well, weeks), and when I get back not only are you steaming ahead with your Houses, you also managed to get your husband to stitch the cutest design for you! I can't believe the progress you've made! I do believe the Houses are more work than the VillageOHRH, so if you're finished with this one and you are indeed sad, why don't you start that one?

By Blogger Annemarie, at 9/04/2006 6:11 PM  

It was great to see how it looked as a whole again!!So far it's stunning!!

By Blogger Carol, at 9/05/2006 11:46 AM  

Post a comment

<< Home