In Stitches

Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Another One Down

1 more down and 7 to go... Sheesh, it sounds kind of overwhelming when put like that... Ah well, I knew this one would be HUGE going in and it doesn't help getting distracted by other things. The stitching is relatively easy, it's the overall size that's slightly intimidating. ;)

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Greg charted out my name for me, as I am not so good at that kind of thing. I think it fits perfectly. I'm onto the next block, let's see if I can get focused. ;)

Greg is working away on the witch. It looks so cute! And it's going rather fast. :D

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


And thanks for all the nice comments! Yes, I am lucky to have such a sweet hubby. He's normally so caught up stitching things for other people that I don't like to ask him to stitch things for me, but I REALLY, REALLY wanted this one and I *knew* he could stitch it fast and beautifully. (Yes, I am sucking up.) c:) I will have to start looking for some great Halloween fabric for this cuz I want to make it into a pillow.

7 comment(s):

Your house looks beautiful! Great job. That is a cute little witch that Greg is working on:)

By Blogger zoeandcooper, at 8/16/2006 6:56 PM  

Both of you are doing so well!! I really like the houses (OHRH) but would never do them myself!! I can't say enough nice things!!

By Anonymous Coral, at 8/17/2006 1:50 AM  

Congrats on getting the house done! You're doing a great job with it - and so is Greg with his witch! :)

By Blogger Isabelle, at 8/17/2006 1:58 AM  

Great job on the house. I think that you are making really great progress on HOHRH. Don't give up. :)

By Anonymous Jenna, at 8/17/2006 11:15 AM  

First off, Its so awesome that you and the hubby both stitch.

Now, I have a question I hope you could answer. I noticed that you both use hoops. How do you get the hoop marks out? Im new to this, working on my second project (I take months to do them because Ill do it for a week or so and then put it down for a month or so), and I just cant seem to get the darn hoops marks out...do I have to wash it and block it to get em out? Ironing doesnt seem to work... THANKS! :)

By Blogger munchkin, at 8/17/2006 12:10 PM  

I am admirative on how your name is fitting perfectly in the design! Well done, Greg and Kim!
The witch in cushion will look great! I can't wait to see the whole project finished and sewn!!! You too are the perfect pair!
Lots of hugs!

By Blogger Lili, at 8/18/2006 3:57 AM  

Love your house and Greg's witch is just too too cute!!

By Blogger Barbara, at 8/22/2006 7:06 AM  

Post a comment

<< Home