In Stitches

Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Slumping

It's official...I'm in a stitching slump. I just can't seem to get motivated *at all*. I've have had minor slumps off and on but this one is really hitting hard. I just don't even want to think about stitching. :(

I think it all started with some personal stress that has jumped up into our lives, by way of car problems. The problems are nothing serious, but making me nuts. I hate it when I go to a mechanic, tell him the problem and he looks at me like I'm a nut job or he's humoring me cuz I'm a nut job. Why do these people treat women like dog crap? I recognize when my car has a problem and I usually catch the problems long before Greg even notices them. (grrrrrr) Basically I just hate car problems, I just want to get in it and go. So thus the stress lately. I did get good news, the program I work for just got renewed for several more years. (Yea us!) So I should be in a good mood except for the car stuff. We decided in order to alleviate some of the car stress we would get a new commuter car for Greg and all went well we got a fairly good deal, etc. But 4 days later the NEW car needs new brake rotors. Aaaaackkkkk! Stress, Stress, Stress! (LOL, LOL) Fortunately it's new and has a great warranty, so it's fixed FREE. But the old car, the one that *I* get drive now, is still creaking and groaning down the road, it runs though so who can complain. ;)

But I digress, it's obvious that all the stress is causing me to not want to stitch right now. Which doesn't bode well for those African patterns I wanted to make. As a matter of fact, I think I'm just going to skip them and keep going on my current project. It's just too much pressure to think about trying to zip through anything else right now. I will either do them after I finish HOHRH or save them for next year. Yes, one less thing to worry about. ;)

So, here is the latest on my house. You will see that I haven't gotten that much done considering it's been well over a week since my last picture.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


I think the thing that annoys me about this block is that while I like the colors they are NOTHING like the picture on the pattern. I was expecting this block to be very dark, but it's not. And I am not restitching it. I am a little disappointed with the color conversion with this whole project. While I realize it's hard to convert from certain fibers to others, I really think that some of the colors are just totally wrong. SO, if you decide to use the DMC conversion and want it to look like the picture, keep that in mind and do some creative swapping.

Okay, enough bellyaching for now. ;p I hope your week is going well! :D

12 comment(s):

I'm so sorry to hear about all of your car troubles. They are so incredibly frustrating. I know nothing about cars and find it an absolute nightmare to get things fixed.

Hopefully the car stress will go away soon and you can get out of your slump. Those slumps seem to catch us all now and again.

By Blogger Karen, at 10/10/2006 4:49 PM  

Car problems suck, no doubt about it. Especially for women. It'll be nice when there are more women mechanics, huh? LOL.

Just take it one day at a time with the slump. They work themselves out. ;>

By Blogger mainely stitching, at 10/10/2006 4:53 PM  

Poor Kim. Stitching slumps suck. But the good thing is: they pass. It's a good idea to stitch for yourself and forget about so-called obligations. And I hope that after today, both your cars get their act together and start behaving like proper vehicles. You deserve it!

By Blogger Annemarie, at 10/11/2006 3:03 AM  

Ohhh, Kim... I can really, really sympathize with your slumpage (my word)! I swear it was stress from family problems and plain old depression that kept me in a slump for a good 6 weeks. I knew it would help if I could just pick up my needle, but do you think I could? NOOOO!!! Just give in to it for now, and the mood will strike again in your own time. Hang in there, sweetie!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10/11/2006 8:57 AM  

I so feel your pain with the car problems! Mine needs major TLC, but I just started work after 6 months of unemployment and there is no funds for that...so it will limp along until.....as far as the stitching slump goes...new job = exhaustion! Can't see well enough to stitch! But someday! Hang in there! We're right here with you!

By Blogger claudia, at 10/11/2006 10:35 AM  

Hang in there. Everything will work out and you'll be back to stitching in no time. :)

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10/11/2006 10:36 AM  

Awwww Kim, I feel sorry for you...I've been checking daily for your update and was wondering where you were?! Now I understand. CAR PROBLEMS do STINK!! Or Babara said it fine when she said they suck! It will all get better. We have old vehicles too, so I understand!

The slump will soon just become a bump in the road. I went through one recently....

Although far away know that I'm sending you a great BIG BEAR HUG!
{{{BEAR HUG}}}
:O)

By Blogger Vonna Pfeiffer, at 10/11/2006 11:37 AM  

I totally relate to this car problem analysis: I also find them out waaay before anyone else... and hate being taken for a fool with these. Besides, those men never acknowledge that I was right finally...
I am so so happy that your work programme has finally been reviewed! Congratulations to the whole team! What a relief! May be the big stress related to this issue also caused this slump?
Why not try a little cute something instead?
Lots of hugs, dearest Kim!

By Blogger Leeland, at 10/11/2006 1:19 PM  

Car problems really stink! Been there done that. But by this time next year it will be a distant memory. Hugs!!!!!!!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10/11/2006 3:24 PM  

Sorry to hear you're in such a stitching slump and having car issues. Lately I don't seem to be able to focus on a stitching project enough to get anything finished either, maybe it is the weather. Hope your car gets to working better soon, and your stitching slump passes quickly.
Sue

By Blogger stitcherw, at 10/11/2006 7:35 PM  

lets hope you sort out your car probs soon.Your stitching slump will soon pass.I had a few weeks rest from it last month and now I am back into the swing of things reading blogs buying mags etc.

By Blogger Shell, at 10/12/2006 7:24 AM  

I will allow you to have a stitching slump (I had one for two years once), but you may not have a blogging slump - okay? We agreed? Hugs Coral

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10/16/2006 9:29 AM  

Post a comment

<< Home