In Stitches

Thursday, September 14, 2006

Another One Bites the Dust!

Yes! One more down, 5 more to go! Woo hoo! I finally made progress last night and got this block finished. :D

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


I love how this one looks and have already started on the next block! I'm sure it will take time but Block 4 looks to be interesting in color.

Here's another full view:

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


It's really starting to look different and you can also read a portion of the saying so that it makes a bit of sense. ;)

Bea asked where I got the pattern for the little witch that Greg is stitching. I guess I never did give the name of the magazine although many of you seemed to recognize it. ;) It's from Cross Stitch and Needlework Magazine from September, 2006. Fun magazine with lots of interesting patterns. They have a mini preview of November's issue and it looks like it will also have some fun projects. Typically I don't subscribe to magazines because I love to buy individual patterns and because I have so *many* patterns that I will probably never be able to stitch them all in this lifetime. But sometimes you can't resist!

Thanks for all the great comments! I really appreciate each and every one. :D

13 comment(s):

Oh Kim, You're Houses are looking breathtaking....it makes me just want to start stitching and stitching on my Village! I LOVE the colors (you're using DMC?) and I really CAN SEE it coming to life. My favorite part of the Houses is the morbid verse - I think it's really cool.

By Blogger Vonna Pfeiffer, at 9/14/2006 3:17 PM  

This is so stunning. You know that you simply MUST send a copy of it to Kathy Barrick-Dieter when you're done. She'll LOVE it!!!

By Blogger mainely stitching, at 9/14/2006 3:53 PM  

Your houses look awesome. And the fabric really suits the design!

By Blogger Leah, at 9/14/2006 4:42 PM  

Congratulations on this seventh happy dance! Five to go? You'll do it with your eyes closed!

By Blogger Annemarie, at 9/14/2006 5:08 PM  

Thanks so much for the reference Kim!

I didn't know about this mag. It's normal living in Spain....

I'm thinking to buy this issue only for the witch hehe

Congrats for your houses too. They are lovely.

By Blogger Bea, at 9/14/2006 5:24 PM  

Congrats on your latest Houses finish, it is looking FANTASTIC! The fabric couldn't be more kewl.

By Blogger Chelle, at 9/14/2006 9:58 PM  

That looks great! I have this in my 'pile' to start, one day LOL. The whole piece looks great and I can't wait to see more progress.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9/14/2006 10:06 PM  

Wow, HOHRH is looking amazing - you're just motoring through this! :D

By Blogger Anne S, at 9/14/2006 10:57 PM  

Your HOHRH look great! I'm looking forward to see the completed piece soon. ;)

By Blogger Svenja, at 9/15/2006 8:40 AM  

Those houses are so lovely! I really like the way it is turning out! Michelle-ozark crafter

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9/15/2006 5:01 PM  

Very beautiful. It's all going to be beautiful when done! Barb

By Blogger Barb, at 9/16/2006 12:25 PM  

Woohoo! Another one down. Way to go!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9/16/2006 10:37 PM  

Kim, I've missed you so much and just took a look at what you've been up to. I'm back into blogging and stitching after the summer from hell. I love your HOHHR, so I have ordered that and the Village. I really, really love the fabric you're using!
Thanks for a lovely visit!

By Blogger Nancy in IL, at 9/18/2006 3:17 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home