In Stitches

Monday, December 04, 2006

A Squirrel or a Rat?

So I'm working away on my latest block and I stitch this little critter and as I keep looking at it I wonder is that a rat? a squirrel? And YES, I do know the big brown thing is a cow... :) What do y'all think?

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


I didn't get as much done this weekend, but then I didn't have 5 days off either. LOL The cow is coming along and though it's a weird colored cow I like it nonetheless. :) It's still weird when I look at the whole thing and realize I have two full blocks to go. It's hard to believe how long I've been working on it. :)

I worked on the cow while watching a show on how they put together the Xmas window displays for places like Macy's, Nieman Marcus and Bloomingdale's. That was quite the show to see! The Nieman Marcus display in Dallas had an artificial tree made out of *shredded money*! Yes I know it sounds weird, but it was definately shredded money. LOL Not the way I would like to see money used, let's glue it back together... LOL, LOL

Greg helped Garfield find the bottoms of his bunny slippers and then we went to bed. ;)

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Xmas seems to be coming early this year, all our office celebrations are this week and next so we had to get out there and get our stuff organized. Which meant we had to go to the MALL! Reminds self - NEVER GO TO THE MALL AT THIS TIME OF YEAR AGAIN - Although I confess I did find a helluva bargain on a winter coat... ;)

I read that some of you are organized enough to have distributed caramel corn to the neighbors (Vonna) and I have my fingers crossed for someone who is frantically preparing for Sinterklaas (Ann Marie). :D Myself I'm always in that frantic "did I get it all done" mode, makes things more exciting. LOL, LOL And I could really use some of that caramel corn right now. ;)

Happy Sinterklaas Day for those that celebrate it!

11 comment(s):

That is a really neat piece, you have really gotten far on it. Two more to go, that’s practically done :D
I say it is a squirrel :)

By Blogger Heather, at 12/04/2006 5:55 PM  

Hmmm I think I'd go with a squirrel, although the tail does seem a bit narrow. You are really moving along on this. It's fun with all the different houses, like having a bunch of finishes as you go along. Garfield is coming along great too, makes me think I should pull mine out and work on the backstitching.
Sue

By Blogger stitcherw, at 12/04/2006 6:41 PM  

I like it! I say squirrel. And yes I can see that it is a cow too! LOL!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12/04/2006 10:39 PM  

can't be a squirell, it has neither the tail or the ears. Looks like a monkey somehow. Or a mouse because of the round ears.

Whatever it is, I have no idea why it's next to the cow !

I can't believe this is your last block ! It's so emotional... you might be able to do a quick Christmas project before the 25th !!!!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12/05/2006 2:00 AM  

Silly Kim, of course it's a squirrel! :)

By Blogger mainely stitching, at 12/06/2006 4:51 PM  

Well dear the house across the street from us is for sale....I'll start popping if you start moving!!
Indiana is a lovely place to live...we have lots of SQUIRRELS next to our cows! LOL!
:O)

By Blogger Vonna Pfeiffer, at 12/06/2006 6:28 PM  

HOHRH is looking wonderful - dunno about the squirrel vs rat, though ... I'm thinking squirrel sounds more 'legit', but it's definitely a mouse/rat tail hmmm ...

By Blogger Anne S, at 12/06/2006 11:53 PM  

It kinda looks like a squirrl...one that is pretty scrawny. :) Garfield is looking great.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12/07/2006 9:07 AM  

How about a squirrel-ly rat? Garfield is looking great as well.

By Blogger Debbi, at 12/08/2006 5:47 AM  

Awwwwww, thank you Kim, that's so sweet!!! With all that frantic stitching and celebrating going on, I didn't have time for blog-reading, so my apologies for the lateness of my comment.
I LOVE this block you're stitching. I'd say you've stitched a rat. But I'm funny that way. I'm convinced Block 4 of the Village features goats, while they're supposed to be dogs...

By Blogger Annemarie, at 12/08/2006 2:45 PM  

I'd say it's a very big cow compared to the house, and the mouse has eaten too much beef raised with hormones -or the squirrel has a skin disease like scabs which explains the thin tail.lol...
It's not important because it's very cute anyway: looks like it's offering something to the cow.
Two more blocks to go afterwards, is that it? Hold on! This will be your masterpiece...
Lots of hugs to you and Greg!

By Blogger Leeland, at 12/09/2006 4:56 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home