In Stitches

Monday, October 23, 2006

Feed me, Seymour!

With more feedback! LOL I confess, your kind praises and words of support inspired me to work really hard on my project this weekend. I got so much done that I was amazed with myself...really, no kidding. ;) Thanks to everyone who stopped in and helped me feel better! :D

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Not only did I finish the final top block, but I decided to go ahead and fill in the back ground on my first block. :) I love how block 4 turned out, darkening the color was a bit of a pain, but it looks so much better. :D

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


I decided not to go stark black for the background, it seemed too harsh. So I went for DMC 844 which is dark grey and used one strand. I like the softness of it much more than the strong black.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Here is an overall view. I'm 2/3 of the way through! I can't believe it! :D It's going to be weird working on the bottom row. LOL But now that I'm that far along I am hoping to grab some inspiration and get moving along. ;)

Greg is still working away on his terrier. Here's his latest update!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


It's starting to really come together, he's doing a great job, as always!

Well, I'm feeling better and back to work. Not 100% yet, but close enough. ;) I get a flu shot on Wednesday, so I'm hoping that will help keep that at bay and hold me over till Spring. ;) (crosses fingers) Hope everyone else is feeling great and doing well. I've got a lot of blogs to check out and "howdy's" to leave. :D

16 comment(s):

Wow, you made a lot of headway on the houses, looking good.
Sue

By Blogger stitcherw, at 10/23/2006 6:48 PM  

You're motoring along now with HOHRH - looking awesome! I definitely agree with your improved colour choices :D Glad to hear you're feeling better :)

By Blogger Anne S, at 10/23/2006 8:24 PM  

Wow, your whole fabric is looking stunning!! Wonderful job :)

By Blogger Kitty Couture, at 10/24/2006 4:17 AM  

congratulations on your progress and good idea to turn the background into the dark grey instead of black. It does give a nice subtle shade. Ann.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10/24/2006 7:16 AM  

Wow! I love it! The dark grey makes such a big difference too. It looks amazing! Glad to hear you're feeling better.

By Blogger Karen, at 10/24/2006 7:20 AM  

Really great!! I really like this on your site, you are doing a magnificent job!!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10/24/2006 7:33 AM  

The whole thing looks great! I think the background looks good with using the DMC844 instead of black. I am going to have to make a note of that for when I stitch this...some year. :0)
Your DH's project is looking good too. I am a dog lover so I really enjoy seeing this come together.
Happy Stitching,
Annette

By Blogger My Life In Stitches, at 10/24/2006 9:00 PM  

Hey, what happened there? Suddenly you've got your block finished, AND improved on a previous one? I must say, I love the colour changes for both blocks, and I might even steal the idea of the 844 background off you, for the Village...

By Blogger Annemarie, at 10/24/2006 9:10 PM  

Kim! You made the perfect choice with the darkening of the first block! And it's amazing how hard you've worked on it all! It looks awesome!
Greg's progress is amazing as well!
I hope the flu shot doesn't make you sick, as you're already tired with the poisoning and the cold...
Sending you lots of hugs and more encouragements!

By Blogger Leeland, at 10/25/2006 9:48 AM  

WOW!!!! This is looking so incredibly good!

By Blogger mainely stitching, at 10/25/2006 2:49 PM  

Kim, I enjoyed seeing the changes you made to the colors, totally agreeing with you about the stark black background. Yours in 844 one thread is perfect!!

By Blogger Von, at 10/25/2006 2:59 PM  

You are doing a lovely job! Look how much stitching you got done in one weekend...you are making me look like a stitching slumper!! :o)
Excellent job and Greg, is doing a FAB job on his terrier!
You need to give pats on the backs all around!
:o)

By Blogger Vonna Pfeiffer, at 10/25/2006 6:08 PM  

Your houses look fantastic!! I agree that the one you darkened looks much better!
~Lana~

By Blogger Lana, at 10/26/2006 7:32 AM  

Looking good girl! Hope you get to feeling lots and lots better!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10/26/2006 10:21 AM  

Great work on HoHRH! I know that you were dreading having to fill in the background on the one block, but it really does look good. :)

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10/26/2006 1:05 PM  

The houses look great. Love your husband's dog piece too.

By Blogger Barb, at 10/29/2006 3:16 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home