In Stitches

Monday, October 30, 2006

Spooktacular!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


I ask you, how could anyone resist a face like this one? This guy (or gal) is just ready to PAR-TAY! LOL So of course I brought him (or her) home so he (or she) could party with the rest of my wacky decorations! :) The best part, I got it on clearance! I mean, what's not to love it's a giant skeleton (almost 3 feet tall) with a party hat! Yes, I know, my obsession knows no bounds... (big sigh) :)

As you can see I had a fun weekend rummaging around for more un-necessary Halloween decorations. It was a lot of fun and I did restrain myself and only brought this one item home. :)

I also did some stitching. The top of my latest block is taking shape!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


I'm not overly fond of "fill-in" stitching, but I think this looks great. I did substitute DMC 844 for black, I just think the black is so harsh looking. The only "grrr" moment was when I asked Greg how it looked and he said "Nice cat on the moon!" LOL, LOL FYI - It's an OWL.

Here is Greg's latest work. He's nearly done with the dog and I think he's glad, he's been grousing about the white since he started it. This pattern didn't turn out exactly as he had anticipated so he's glad he's almost done. ;)

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


And lastly, I wanted to show you this really cool lap tray that my dad made us. It's specifically for stitching and has a tilt top. He added a little lip to hold our magnetic boards so it makes stitching a lot easier. I love the idea of the floor stands out there but I don't like stitching on rollers...believe me I've tried and we just weren't compatible. ;)

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


H A P P Y
H A L L O W E E N!!

10 comment(s):

Really spooky at night, surely...
Greg must have been very tired if he thought that this was a cat!!!
Your email made my day, Kim; thanks and happy Halloween to you!!!
Hugs!

By Blogger Leeland, at 10/31/2006 11:03 AM  

The lapstand is great. Your dad is quite a handyman. He could have quite a cottage industry!

By Blogger Anna van Schurman, at 10/31/2006 2:36 PM  

That lab stand is the bomb! I keep looking for an armchair stand...one that would fit on the armchair...no luck yet.
The stitching looks great!
:D

By Blogger Vonna Pfeiffer, at 10/31/2006 4:04 PM  

Can you tell I've got work on my brain?! I meant "lap stand" not "lab stand"....ok now where did I put the whiskey? LOL!

By Blogger Vonna Pfeiffer, at 10/31/2006 4:05 PM  

Greg's obviously been working too hard!! Love the skeleton, and both your WIP's look great ... it must be awesome to have a partner who stitches :D

By Blogger Anne S, at 11/01/2006 6:25 AM  

The skeleton is cute! It sounds like Greg has been busy too. Isn't it nice to have a hubby that cross stitches? I know I enjoy it!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11/01/2006 9:11 AM  

Kim, I absolutely love your party skeleton!! And everything else. But the bones just crack me up!

By Blogger mainely stitching, at 11/02/2006 3:19 PM  

Your HOHRH is gorgeous!!! put's me to shame, I am still trying to decide on a fabric colour at Picturethisplus. Can you share with me the fabric you went with? Please keep posting, I love looking at your closeups! beautiful work!
Suzi.BC

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11/06/2006 3:39 PM  

Oooh, such cosy pictures of you and your housemates :o)
Your Houses are looking fabulous! Love Greg's terrier too.

By Blogger Annemarie, at 11/07/2006 12:22 AM  

Wow! Greg's latest wip is gorgeous...he's doing a great job with it
Love that lap stand!

By Blogger Carol, at 11/07/2006 1:11 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home