In Stitches

Thursday, November 09, 2006

Wild and Crazy Block Party

I'm halfway through my current house and I have to say, uh ... what's up with the colors? I went ahead and used the recommended shades and well...considering the time of year it sort of does remind me of an exploded pumpkin. Maybe the inhabitants of Block 9 had a WILD (exceptionally wild) Halloween party and this is the result, all the windows are coated with pumpkin slime... or not. LOL, LOL

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Actually I like the color of the house, it's just the orange that's a big off, but then this is all folk art and those colors never make sense. ;) I admit that I haven't gotten as much done as I'd like, too many chores last weekend. But I am plugging away at it.

I was also distracted by Dancing with the Stars and Lost and Heroes... Fortunately DWTS is almost over and Lost did a "fall finale" last night. Sometimes television is a good thing as it gives me a good background for stitching and sometimes it's a distraction, as in DWTS. It's hard to just "listen" to that show. ;) And Lost has so many weird subtexts that if you don't watch you will miss something. I imagine that now that those are gone for a while my stitching will pick up as I go back to easy to listen to history shows. ;)

Greg is working on a cute Garfield project.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


He's using a purple fabric that looks great with this, I'll try to get update pics soon. :D

Not much to report, except that we are onto the next holiday, Thanksgiving, but the Christmas decorations are up everywhere. It's a bit weird as it doesn't seem like it's time yet.

It's a beautiful day here, warm and the wind is blowing strong enough to stir up all the dead leaves and make them come showering off the trees. Very surreal experience to walk through a shower of leaves. :)

Hope your week is going great!

8 comment(s):

I don't have any Christmas decorations up yet, as have a fair amount of fall type ones along with Thanksgiving that I put out. However, I've played Christmas carols a time or two lately. It is certainly beginning to approach the season.

The colors of the current house you're working on are different, it will be interesting to see when it is done. So many times colors seem odd until the whole piece is finished, and then the colors suddenly seem to work very well together.

Garfield is going to be very cute, the purple fabric sounds fun. I have that kit too and am doing him on the plastic canvas he came with, as am going to turn him into a magnet for my fridge. However, that's dependent on me actually getting his backstitch done, which is all I have left.
Sue

By Blogger stitcherw, at 11/09/2006 7:00 PM  

Yes, the Christmas decorations look out of place!

Your house colors are kind of strange, but that's part of the charm of it. ;>

By Blogger mainely stitching, at 11/10/2006 7:45 AM  

Oh! We're definite Garfield fans here (that was my 1st cat's name, he just had the same bored look when you got on his nerves...)! I feel we have so much in common... lol...
Love the orange, because it's one of my fav colours...
Have you finished finished the cute witch?
Hugs to you two!

By Blogger Leeland, at 11/10/2006 12:57 PM  

My hubby loves Garfield. I had better not show him your photo of that kit or I might have to stitch it for him. ;) I agree with stitcherw, BTW. I think that once you get the whole block finished, it will come together.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11/10/2006 1:06 PM  

Yep, definitely a whole heap of orange in those windows! I'm sure like the other blocks it'll all come together in the end, though :) Have to admit I nearly fell over yesterday while walking through the local shops by work - one shop with a large window display has totally decked their display out with Christmas decorations ... I thought "what the...??" Seems a bit strange to me, but I guess it isn't far around the corner now :/

By Blogger Anne S, at 11/10/2006 3:28 PM  

Lots of orange windows there....maybe they just need a good cleaning or maybe the sun is going down and it's blazing orange...Who knows?!

Greg is certainly a little stitching dynamo...is he done with the terrier already?

By Blogger Vonna Pfeiffer, at 11/10/2006 7:59 PM  

That Garfield design looks like something I should stitch (for myself). Rising and shining have never been my forte, but since Pelle's arrival, the rising bit is required at the most ungodly hours. But no shining as yet!

Wait and see what the house looks like when you're done. If you still don't like it, you can always use one of your magic tricks, like adding another colout, to soften the pumpkinny slimy colour!

By Blogger Annemarie, at 11/12/2006 2:50 AM  

That orange in the windows is wild!!! man you would need sunglasses in there1 LOL! But I think it will be a nice piece anyway.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11/12/2006 10:38 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home