In Stitches

Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Raisin' the Roof

I finally got the roof on the old house. :)

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


I actually have quite a bit more done since this picture, but you get the idea. Since installing the roof, the orange has grown on me. I actually like it with the golden brown...it's still wild, but fun! :) I'm still dragging a bit on finishing this block. I just keep getting distracted. But weirdly, I don't mind that much. Somehow the predictability of picking up the same project is comforting. (I know, I'm strange. :D)

I keep thinking I'll pick up steam but not so far. And truthfully I'm kind of glad not to be doing any holiday stitching this year, it's nice to just stitch whatever I want and not feel obligated towards anything. :)

Greg has been working away on Garfield and he has got a lot done, he's the MEGA stitcher! :D

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Garfield is so adorable and I love his bunny slippers. Can't wait to see this one finished. :D Greg is still working on Evangaline too, but off and on. But that project is so pretty, every time I see it I am wowed! :D

Not much else going on...Dancing with the Stars finale tonite, that will be exciting. :D Hope your week is going great!

8 comment(s):

Great progresses!!!
I have never been on a project such a long time, I always zap. I actually wonder if I could do like you. It's amazing to see how strong-willed you are. And the result will be so wonderful! I admire you...

Take care you two!

By Blogger Leeland, at 11/15/2006 2:52 PM  

The house does look more balanced with the roof, you've gotten a lot done. Garfield is looking good too, I really like the fabric that it is on.
Sue

By Blogger stitcherw, at 11/15/2006 7:31 PM  

Picking up the same project over and over again would, indeed, be a tedious bore for me, but not stitching any Christmas ornies sounds like something I would really like, too. Or any other obligations. Ah...just to stitch for oneself :o)

By Blogger Annemarie, at 11/16/2006 12:25 AM  

Busy, busy little bees aren't you? Your house is coming along nicely.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11/16/2006 1:38 PM  

It's very nice, I love the linen you are stitching it on. Garfield is cute too :-).

By Blogger Katrina, at 11/18/2006 12:29 PM  

Kim, I love it!!

Greg is indeed rolling along at a quick clip!

By Blogger mainely stitching, at 11/21/2006 3:57 AM  

HEY! Where are you?! I'm missing my weekly dose of "in stitches"!!!
LOL!!
:D

By Blogger Vonna Pfeiffer, at 11/26/2006 10:02 AM  

Wow Kim! Long time between drinks, eh? Hope all is good with you - hope you've just been too busy to blog. ((hugs))

By Blogger Kitty Couture, at 11/28/2006 9:41 AM  

Post a comment

<< Home