In Stitches

Monday, December 11, 2006

Featuring Baby Godzilla!

And the vote is in! Most people were torn as to whether the odd creature next to the cow was a rat or squirrel. The funniest comment was from Lili who called it a squirrel with a skin disease. LOL But my all time favorite goes to Greg who definitively dubbed it Godzilla (I added the baby part). Baby Godzilla who is offering the cow a piece of radioactive food so it too can mutate. LOL

I managed to finish this block on Saturday so now I'm down to *2* blocks! Woo Hoo!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Here's an overall shot:

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


It's hard to believe that I'm working on the next to the last block! And it will be so weird when I go to pick out the next project. Plus I will finally have to clean up my mess of threads on the sofa. LOL, LOL

The next pic is for San. She sent me my Xmas/Bday present early and of course why wait to open it? LOL She sent me a beautiful hand stitched piece that has the tiniest stitches on it and is so lovely that I couldn't wait to display it, but I didn't want to just slap it up on the wall so Greg and I devised a plan to make it really stand out. Here it is!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


I had this frame in my stash and we had this mat board left over from another project, so he cut it to fit and then I used tacks to hold the project to the board. (It had little ribbons at the top for hangers.) Then I found these sunflower buttons (that amazingly matched Sans) cut the back off and glued them to the tacks. The stitched piece is basically "floating" on top of the mat. It looks very nifty, if I do say so myself. :) I have a spot of honor where it will be hung as soon as Greg puts up a nail for it (he's the "official" hanger upper in our house). :)

Hope everyone has a great week!

10 comment(s):

You are just going to town on your piece! love your present. What a lovely piece!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12/11/2006 4:45 PM  

Baby Godzilla and the Mad Cow are lovely, and now that I've seen your finished block, I know I can safely say this is my favourite of all HAWK RUN HOLLOW blocks (including the Village!)
Your present from San is amazing! That's quite a gift. And quite some framing technique!

By Blogger Annemarie, at 12/12/2006 5:12 AM  

Congrats on stitching steadily along on HoHRH! All your efforts will soon be rewarded :)
What a wonderful way to spotlight San's gift!

By Blogger Kitty Couture, at 12/12/2006 7:01 AM  

Your framing and finishing skills will always amaze me... San will surely be thrilled to see how much you appreciate her lovely gift!
I am relieved that Godzilla doesn't have a skin disease: mutation is quite a better option, see the XMen for instance! I have chosen Greg's side too!lol...
I have puter problems (see my last post) but fortunately, your address is on the envelope I've planned to send you for two or three weeks already. Hopefully, I will post it soon.
Lots of hugs to you two!
Lili (thanks for the kudos)

By Blogger Leeland, at 12/12/2006 12:21 PM  

Radioctive mutate-with-me offerings indeed! What a twisted husband you have! I knew there was some reason I like him. LOL!

Your display of San's project is incredible. It deserves an award!

By Blogger mainely stitching, at 12/12/2006 1:27 PM  

Well I just can't tell you how nice the Houses look! It's amazing how you've stuck through it!

Your gift is gorgeous and what an ingenious way to display such a work of art!
:D

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12/13/2006 5:25 PM  

Woohoo, I can't believe how quickly you're whipping through HOHRH :) And your gift from San is gorgeous - love the way you've displayed it :D

By Blogger Anne S, at 12/14/2006 3:52 AM  

San's gift looks gorgeous!! Your blocks are looking good, you've proably done by now...?

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12/15/2006 5:00 PM  

I can't believe you're down to just 2 blocks, this has really moved along, it is looking great. Your present from San was lovely too, how thoughtful of her.
Sue

By Blogger stitcherw, at 12/17/2006 7:30 PM  

They all turned out nice. Great stitching. I enjoyed your blog.

By Blogger Barb, at 12/19/2006 8:18 AM  

Post a comment

<< Home