In Stitches

Thursday, January 04, 2007

Happy (Just Past the) New Year!

I hope everyone had enjoyable Christmases and New Year's! Christmas here was quiet and New Year's was even quieter cuz we got 8" of snow on New Year's eve. Talk about a shock to the system, it just kept coming and coming and coming, like the Engerizer Bunny. LOL Fortunately we aren't big partiers so we didn't miss any celebrations, but I felt bad for those that did. Weirdly enough it's been so warm that a lot of the white stuff has all but melted away....of which I am glad.

I got lots of nice gifts, some from far away (Lili and San thanks a bunch). And since my birthday is January 2, I also got a second round then. It was so great I felt really overwhelmed by all the nice things I got from Greg this year. :)

I also finally got busy and finished the next to the last block of my HOHRH! And I'm nearly done with the LAST block. Sooooooo close!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


I love the angel in this one, so pretty and the willow trees. It all turned out very nice.

Here's an overall pic:

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


I can't believe it's nearly done. I'm in shock! I won't know what to do... LOL

Here's what I have done on the last block:

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


This one was the easiest that I've worked on, the letters are just simple and the small motifs are fast to get through. Plus I love the saying even if it is a bit morbid. :)

And we have a frame for it, but the darn thing is HUGE! I think we are going to have to scale it down or it just won't fit our place. I just hope the fabric fits in the opening or we will have to start from scratch...actually we are contemplating that anyway just to get the whole thing a bit smaller. I'm sure it will all work out though cuz the idea for the frame is great and Greg did a great job designing it, I just didn't realize how big it was going to be. LOL Like I told Greg I just really wanted to show it off, but got carried away...big surprise there. LOL

I already put all my Xmas decorations away and even had to get a bigger tub for them (thanks to Greg for that! :D) and of course since I was putting some away why not just get out the Valentines stuff. LOL What can I say I love holiday decorations. And I have fun projects that I stitched last year and the year before that I can put out which is so great!

Well not much to say I guess except I hope everyone is having a great week! Now off to read more blogs!

Labels:

8 comment(s):

WOW! You've done such a great job, Kim!!! The willow trees' square is my favourite! The whole hohrhrhho is splendid! I think your next project will be a small one btw...
I'm glad you got my parcel.
You've been awfully missed on the web! Happy belated birthday; I've just thought about it in the afternoon and "sh--, I forgot!". Well, I've lost your email in a big wreckage here some time ago... so that wouldn't have made a big difference, really... Blogger is great cos' I can stay in touch anyway!
Though if I could get back your adress...
Lots of hugs to you and Greg and Jesse (the cat, that's her name, isn't it?)!

By Blogger Leeland, at 1/04/2007 3:25 PM  

It looks great, I can't believe how much you've gotten done, you'll be finished in no time. What a way to start off 2007.
Sue

By Blogger stitcherw, at 1/04/2007 8:20 PM  

Kim! Just this morning I was catching up on blogs and you just started the sheep! This is coming along so quickly - you will have a happy dance by the time I come back from the bathroom! ;) Looks awesome.

By Blogger Schokti, at 1/04/2007 9:05 PM  

I'm flabbergasted. You'll be done in no time! I can't wait to see it finished and framed. :) What are you going to work on next?

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1/04/2007 10:11 PM  

I am so astonished everytime I see how far you are.....just think it wasn't long ago (really) that you were on block 6 and only half way through...you've done so well and it is such show piece...you need to give yourself a HUGE pat on the back!

By Blogger Vonna Pfeiffer, at 1/05/2007 5:34 AM  

Oh, you sneaky Kim, you! Why wasn't I aware that January 2nd was your birthday? Well, a belated happy birthday to you, and a Happy New Year too!
I cannot BELIEVE how far you've come with HoHRH. If I were to finish the VoHRH, I think I would fall into a deep hole and stay there for weeks. This is such a huge project, and it is utterly gorgeous. Well done!

By Blogger Annemarie, at 1/05/2007 5:45 AM  

Congratulations! HOHRH looks fantastic!

By Blogger Carol, at 1/05/2007 8:31 AM  

What a wonderful job you have done! it just gets better and better! I sure have missed you and happy belated birthday!

By Blogger Michelle-ozark crafter, at 1/07/2007 5:01 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home