In Stitches

Monday, January 29, 2007

Flight of the Butterfly

Or maybe it's "plight" of the butterfly...hmmmm... Been working away steadily on this one and it's coming along nicely, when I remember to do *half stitches* and not whole stitches in their place. LOL

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


I've pretty muched stitched all the bright color there is on this project. There is some reddish color on the left side but that's about it. I have to say that these colors are a bit boring, but the technique is very interesting and a bit challenging. You can't just whip across to one side and back to the other. But I seem to be in the mood for challenging so I'm enjoying it. FYI it also has a lot of blended threads so if you don't like those then this isn't the project for you. And it has an interesting mix of thread density. Some are 3 threads, some 2 threads and I've even stitched one set that was 4 threads thick. I'm assuming that the designer was going for 3D texture along with the sketched look. But it does make it difficult to use the needle that comes with it. I'm using a larger needle than I normally would for 18 count fabric to accommodate the varying thread amounts. Other than that I found the perfect frame and matting for it so I'm looking forward to the finishing. :D

Speaking of finishing I am in the process of working on the finishing for my houses project, but it's a secret that I hope to share next week. (Fingers Crossed) :D

Okay, bye for now from the frozen tundra! Have a great week!

9 comment(s):

Looks great Kim...Paula Vaughan uses the dimensional look too in many of her patterns...I've done two by her and I was nearly cross-eyed and cussing when doing them :)
But it is looking FABULOUS!!
Can't wait to see the houses...

By Blogger Vonna Pfeiffer, at 1/29/2007 4:19 PM  

"plight of the butterfly" LOL I bet it *is* a bit hard not to just automatically cross all the stitches!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1/29/2007 5:19 PM  

I have a Dimensions project that uses all these techniques. It's a ufo...
You are definitely reaching another level in your stitching! Do you intend to try evenweave or linen some time? Cos' it's easier than what you're stitching at the moment, you know...
I can't wait to see your finished houses!
Hugs!

By Blogger Leeland, at 1/30/2007 4:59 AM  

Already you're thinking of finishing... I admire that in you. It looks wonderful. And don't you like a bit of challenge in your projects? Well, you obviously do. Can't wait for the house!

By Blogger Annemarie, at 1/30/2007 6:15 AM  

"Plight" of the Butterfly looks like a very challenging stitch! I like it though. Probably won't try it myself, cause it would end up in my unfinished stash box. It is a pretty project though!

By Blogger claudia, at 1/30/2007 9:20 AM  

That is looking quite nice though!

By Blogger Michelle-ozark crafter, at 1/30/2007 6:01 PM  

The butterfly is looking beautiful!

By Blogger Barb, at 1/30/2007 6:31 PM  

Butterfly is looking very pretty. It is a challenge when the type of stitch (half or whole) keeps changing, usually that type of pattern means a fair amount of frogging as I forget to pay close enough attention. Looking forward to seeing how you've decided to finish it when you're done.
Sue

By Blogger stitcherw, at 1/31/2007 8:07 PM  

Your work on the butterfly is beautiful! I really liked the pillows and wallhanging you finished, also. I have a couple of little pillows I need to sew together. Maybe I'll be inspired by your finishes! Have a happy day!

By Blogger Name: Vicki, at 1/31/2007 11:02 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home