In Stitches

Monday, January 22, 2007

Finally the Finish!

Greg did this pumpkin project for me WAY back in the fall and I never got around to making it into a pillow, I was lazy. Then Lili sent me a wonderful Xmas gift with lots of nifty patterns, some fabric and the most beautiful little Halloween project AND the fabric to finish it into a pillow. So now I had 2 pillows to finish and still I was lazy. Finally I finished the Family Medley and it needed to be made into a wall hanging so that was the capper to get off my butt and get going. So I did. Yesterday I made 3 pillows and one wall hanging AND I even did some stitching. I know, I know it's amazing isn't it? Don't worry it won't happen again for 7 or 8 months. LOL, LOL

Lili's Pillow:

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Isn't it SOOOOOO pretty? She picked the PERFECT fabric for to go with the project! I just LOVE it! And it turned out so great, no troubles with making it, just as easy as could be. :D Thanks so much Lili, I will always treasure this!

Greg's Pillow:

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Greg helped me pick out the fabric for this one. I just fell in love it (way back in the Fall) and it does go perfect with his stitching. :D Thanks for making this one Greg! :X

Family Medley:

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


I found the fabric for this one in a little town about 50 miles away. I was shopping with my mom and there it was and it seemed so perfect for this project. It's not as well sewn as some of my projects (sadly out of practice) but still it works and has a homey feel that will work in the spot I want to display it. :D Greg got the hearts for this project from the stitching shop up the street, they add just the right touch. I decided to leave off the birds I didn't think it needed them. :D

My new project is Travel Memories from Dimension. It's an interesting project, small 5x7 and mostly done in half stitches.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


I just loved the cover picture of this it's so pretty and antique looking. So far (knock on wood) it's been fairly easy. I am a bit leery of the half stitches, not sure why but as I think this will make the project go faster but I always get weirded out by something different until I've tried it. ;) The thing I liked about this kit (and I DO NOT LIKE kits in general) is that everything was nicely sorted and easy to separate. I labeled little baggies and put the threads into them. The chart is fairly easy to read, although they could've used a few more colors to mark the symbols. I think because it's small it makes it easier. My NEXT *NEXT* project will be the challenging one, but let's not talk about it yet. ;)

Here's my work as of this pic:

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


I actually have finished a lot more, the black outline of the butterfly and the pen so it does go quickly (when you don't make mistakes). I had to frog about half the butterfly when I realized I had put in one too many lines.

Here's an update of Greg's bicycle:

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


It's coming along nicely and would probably be finished but he's been distracted by other things, like shoveling snow. (don't ask) ;)

Well that's it for now! We got another 6 inches of snow yesterday (lucky us) and so it's definately feeling wintery and blah. I am ready for Spring. :D Have a great week!

10 comment(s):

You pillows and wall hanging look fabulous!

By Blogger Leah, at 1/22/2007 4:45 PM  

Your finishes look great. At some point I need to get organized and do the finishing for some of mine. I like your new project, it is really different. Hope the snow slows down for you soon. Between the snow and ice this has turned out to be a really rough winter in a lot of areas.
Sue

By Blogger stitcherw, at 1/22/2007 8:08 PM  

you're finished already???? being stuck in the snow really makes you creative and active ! ;)
Your new project is great too ! But didn't they provide thread sorters in the kit?

By Blogger AngelSan, at 1/23/2007 1:50 AM  

I tried to comment last night, but my PC was being uncooperative. ;)

I just love your finishes - they are so cheery and nice! And your new project is really cool. Can't wait to see more!

By Blogger barbara, at 1/23/2007 2:55 AM  

Love ypur pillows and wall hanging...the fabric you chose to finish each one makes them look even prettier :)

By Blogger Carla, at 1/23/2007 10:31 AM  

Hi Kim!
I knew you would make a lovely thing with these! lol...
All your finishings are so neat! You are the one who inspired me to try these, but I haven't finished finishing... Some time in the year to come, I will show a few things... very simple ones...
Your Family Medley is really beautiful!
The Dimension project reminds me of my grandfather: he used to pin butterflies in boxes as a hobby. And raise praying mantis too. Don't ask either... I'm sure the shoveling snow case is much more "confessable"... lol!
Greg's bike is coming along fast!!!
Take care, you two!

By Blogger Leeland, at 1/24/2007 4:41 AM  

All the finishes are beautiful! Try and stay warm with all that snow.

By Blogger Dawn T., at 1/24/2007 10:28 AM  

Gorgeous finishes ... makes me feel guilty about my own finishing pile hmmm ;) Your pillows turned out beautifully, as did the wallhanging, and both yours and Gregs latest WIP's are gorgeous :D

By Blogger Anne S, at 1/24/2007 8:07 PM  

Your finishes are great. Your WIP's are coming along nice too.

By Blogger Barb, at 1/25/2007 2:57 PM  

great finishes,the fabrics match them all so well.I love your new project too,it has an antique feel, but the colours still look nice and fresh not too dark.

By Blogger Shell, at 1/29/2007 11:14 AM  

Post a comment

<< Home