In Stitches

Friday, January 12, 2007

Why Does This Fabric Look So Funny?

This is what I asked myself when I started my new project and then I realized, it's cuz it's 14 count and I've been working on 16 count for the last 7 months (it might've even been 18 it's been so long I forget). ;) The holes in the fabric suddenly seemed weirdly large, even after a couple of days stitching on it I still haven't readjusted. Now I understand the reaction people who are stitching on small count linen/evenweave have about 14 ct aida. LOL, LOL

I am now working on Family Medley by Heart in Hand. It's a simple little project that I am not moving along very quickly on because I am lazy and haven't really tried very hard to go any faster. LOL

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Once I put some effort into it it won't take that long. And I love the sentiment behind this one. I have something more complex lined up next, which should be fun. :)

Greg is working on The Journey by Dimensions. It's a nice bicycle project that says "It's All About The Journey" I like it, very bright and cheerful. :D

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


You can't tell but the fabric has a sort of cloudy day effect to it that is very sweet and compliments this one nicely. He always does a great job with his projects.

I'm glad it's Friday and that we have a 3 day weekend, the last one until May, so I will try my best to enjoy it. :D Even though we are supposed to get 6-8 inches of SNOW. But I have dediced to be evil and wish for it to go south and miss us (yes I am bad and I'm not sorry). ;)

Hope you all have a great weekend free of ice and snow. :D

9 comment(s):

I had to LOL about the 14 ct. I don't use Aida anymore...but my favorite stitching fabric is 28 ct. over two of course...well I know my stuff looks like an ox next to smaller counted projects :)
You are so right! Greg does do awesome on all of his projects!
Good Luck...I hope you don't get snow...

By Blogger Vonna Pfeiffer, at 1/12/2007 6:04 PM  

LOL!!! Does take some adjusting when changing counts! We are getting the ice! We are supposed to have freezy stuff and a mix all the way thru until Sunday!

By Blogger Michelle-ozark crafter, at 1/12/2007 6:11 PM  

I'd feel like I need knitting needles to stitch on 14 count! LOL!

Both projects are great - love those fabrics!

By Blogger mainely stitching, at 1/13/2007 5:48 PM  

Both your projects look fun, and I like both of the sayings. Hope your weather stays OK and that you can enjoy your long weekend.
Sue

By Blogger stitcherw, at 1/13/2007 6:54 PM  

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

By Blogger Leeland, at 1/14/2007 3:14 PM  

New try with less typing mistakes and 000000 courtesy of Phoebe... Nice projects! Though I was quite surprised to see that you were stitching a... house!!! lol...
Not surprised that Greg is stitching a bike though...
I also had this strange feeling about 14 count aida, but finally, I prefer working on it than on 16 or 18. My fav fabric is 28 count lugana, by far, though...
Have a nice week!

By Blogger Leeland, at 1/14/2007 3:16 PM  

Sorry I missed this post, Kim. Must have been my switching from Blogroll to Bloglines...
I must say this new project of yours is a bit of a shock, after the abundance of HoHRH, but it's a daarling design. So is Greg's!

By Blogger Annemarie, at 1/18/2007 5:47 PM  

I feel exactly the same way when i go back to stitching on a larger count. Feels a little strange.

Congrats on finishing your houses project. The last time I saw it you had maybe half the block finished. It really does look amazing.

By Blogger Karen, at 1/19/2007 4:12 AM  

Wow! Congrats on the huge finish! It is beautiful! Watching your progress on it has been delightful, and I enjoyed a happy dance in your honor! I can't wai to see what is up for your next project! Happy Stitching!
~Lana~

By Blogger Lana, at 1/22/2007 8:03 AM  

Post a comment

<< Home