In Stitches

Friday, February 02, 2007

I Made That!

I was trying to think of something witty to write about rather than just plaster up my latest photo and say see here it is. LOL

And as I was looking at the picture that I was about to paste up, I got to thinking about how I really like it and think it looks pretty cool. And then (logically) my inner child puffed up and went "Yeah, I made that!" AND I thought, I wonder how many times we all do that or if we don't then why not? It's quite the accomplishment to sit for hours on end and create something from just a bunch of thread and a blank piece of fabric, something that we will display or lovingly give to a friend or family member. So if you haven't given yourself a pat on the back lately, then do it. Cuz all of you out there create some of the most beautiful and creative pieces I have ever seen and you do it in spite of jobs, kids and many, many other commitments. From me to you I applaud you.

Now here's my latest in progress:

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


I am basically half way finished, with the stitching that is. There will be a lot of work on the backstitching. But I am surprised at how quickly this one is moving along. Once I got the hang of just doing half stitches it moved right along. It's challenging but fun. :D

Hope you have a great weekend out there, me I'm going to try to keep from becoming a popcicle. LOL

15 comment(s):

Hey Kim! I love the butterfly too!
And you know you are right! We should all give ourselves a pat on the back :)
Where's the houses??? Did you get the frame done yet?! Can't wait!!!

By Blogger Vonna Pfeiffer, at 2/02/2007 3:32 PM  

This is looking SOOOOO good, Kim!

Stay warm! :)

By Blogger mainely stitching, at 2/02/2007 4:01 PM  

I love your thought about a pat on the back, I think we are our own worst critics, yet we do get an amazing amount done. Your butterfly is lovely, and the piece looks to be moving along quickly. I can relate to trying not to be a popcicle, as the temp on my weather pixie is the same as what yours is posting (and the wind chill is horrid). It's cold outside.
Sue

By Blogger stitcherw, at 2/02/2007 4:38 PM  

Your butterfly is turning out very pretty. You are right, we are always the ones to not give ourselves credit for jobs well done! So, I applaud you back...for beautiful work and giving us permission to pat ourselves on the back!

By Blogger claudia, at 2/02/2007 8:04 PM  

Your butterfly is coming along beautifully! I agree about the pat on the back, also! Keep enjoying it and patting yourself on the back!

By Blogger Name: Vicki, at 2/03/2007 12:35 AM  

Awww, that's so sweet of you, Kim! Half cross stitches are fun, aren't they? They make a project somehow seem less work. Your butterfly is amazing! I especially like the half cross stitches!

By Blogger Annemarie, at 2/03/2007 7:47 AM  

Looks great. I think it does have a 3-D look to it. And yes, sometimes I feel like shouting "I made this!" :0)
Happy Stitching,
Annette

By Blogger My Life In Stitches, at 2/03/2007 8:20 AM  

Ohhhh...it IS beautiful and you should be very proud of yourself. Yes, I puff up sometimes. I always feel like a painter starting with a blank canvas and creating something beautiful.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2/03/2007 9:32 AM  

That's lovely, Kim. Stay warm! Sending you some Paris sunshine :)

By Blogger Kitty Couture, at 2/03/2007 9:35 AM  

It's looking good. You should give yourself a pat on the back.

By Blogger Barb, at 2/03/2007 2:39 PM  

Hey Kim, I applaud you too and thanks for sharing both your work AND this beautiful text. Enjoy your weekend and have fun! Ann

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2/04/2007 11:31 AM  

Love your project. It is coming along good. I guess all of us should give ourselves a little pat. Here is one for you!

By Blogger Michelle-ozark crafter, at 2/05/2007 12:07 AM  

Thanks for the pat on the back, just when I needed it!
Your butterfly is coming along nicely, Kim!
Lots of hugs to you and Greg.

By Blogger Leeland, at 2/05/2007 6:21 AM  

Last night I was watching TV and there is a new program on called "I did that" or something to that effect. I thought of you. You should get royalties for that!

By Blogger claudia, at 2/06/2007 11:16 AM  

Good point! It really IS amazing that we can make beautiful pictures with just a bit of thread :)

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2/06/2007 2:16 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home