In Stitches

Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Where Has Time Gone?

Wow, it just seems like yesterday that I posted here, but it's been a whiiiiillllleeee.... Sorry about that, life interupted and all that. ;)

In the meantime Greg and I have been on vacation to Wisconsin and I leave on Friday for Africa (Senegal for those that like specificity). So before I go off to the hinterland I thought I'd share some vacation pics. I'd love to share stitching pics but...well...I don't have any. I just haven't been stitching much too many distractions. ;)

Our trip to Wisconsin was so Greg could visit the hallowed shrine of recumbent bike sellers that he worships whenever a catalog shows up at our door. He really wanted to buy a bike but let's be realistic, we have a Saturn and no bike rack, yeah that says it all.

Here he is pining away for a new bike:

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


He did get to test ride a bike so he was happy. From the bike shrine we went back to La Crosse. I had never been there and I can say that it is a beautiful place. Here are some pics:

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

(Yes that is both of us.)

Then in our travels we discovered by happenstance "The Biking Capital of America" - no I am not making that up, that's what they call themselves, it's cute. It's Sparta, Wisconsin and they take bicycling very seriously. They even have a bike and aerospace museum in the old Masonic Temple. Yes I did say aerospace, it turns out that 2 astronauts are also from Sparta area. It was all quite fascinating and a lot of fun. We even got to see a hilarious 1963 bike safety video, I can not begin to describe the weirdness of that. But the people were *extremely* friendly and we thoroughly enjoyed it. Here's a pic of Greg with an astronaut replica:

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


His shirt says: Cleverly Disguised as a Responsible Adult (Yes I do go out in public with him, I know it's hard to believe. ;p)

And last but not least we hit every cross stitch shop we could find between here and there and let me tell you there aren't a lot of them. Here's our stash enhancement:

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


We had a great time, but now it's back to work. I will let you know how it went in Africa when I get back. ;)

Take care!

9 comment(s):

Hey-hey, Kim! It's so good to hear from you. I'm glad you've been well and vacationing while we were all wondering if you had fallen off the earth or something. Great holiday pics.
You're going to Africa? Any special reason?
Have a safe trip, and keep us posted!

By Blogger Annemarie, at 5/09/2007 3:30 PM  

Love the holiday pics! There's nothing to spice up an already nice holiday like a big load of stash! :)

Hope you have a nice (and safe) trip to Senegal.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5/09/2007 3:47 PM  

Well welcome back...I've been checking just to see if you made it out of your hole :)
Wisconsin is a great place! I love going to the Dells :)
Love the stash...be safe in Africa!

By Blogger Vonna Pfeiffer, at 5/09/2007 4:43 PM  

I used to spend quite a bit of time in LaCrosse. It's down the river about 30 miles from my home town, and it was the closest place to do some decent shopping!

You got some great stash! Did you stop at Crosse Stitchery? It has been a couple of years since I have been there, but it was always fun to stop.

Have a great trip to Africa!

By Blogger Cindy, at 5/09/2007 6:55 PM  

Hellooo! I was wondering why you were not posting :)
Great stash...Have fun in Africa!! and don't forget to share some pics :)

By Blogger Carla, at 5/09/2007 10:57 PM  

Why are you going to Africa? That's not just around the block for goodness sakes! Have a safe and enjoyable trip!

Love the pictures!

My bike is a Sparta. I always assumed it was a Dutch brand, but now I wonder.

By Blogger mainely stitching, at 5/10/2007 2:06 AM  

Love the pics! That is the kind of shirt my hubby would wear:) Have a wonderful time in Africa!

By Blogger Dawn T., at 5/10/2007 9:36 AM  

Glad you had such fun on your trip, and that you found some wonderful stash. Have a good time in Africa, looking forward to hearing all about it when you get back.
Sue

By Blogger stitcherw, at 5/12/2007 10:19 PM  

She's alive! LOL. Glad to have you back, even if it's only temporary. Looks like you guys had a lovely vacation, even if poor Greg couldn't bring a new bike home with him. And I see that you did justice to whatever shops you managed to find along the way. :)

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5/14/2007 1:55 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home