In Stitches

Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Happy All Hallows Eve!

Look I'm back and so soon! :) Thanks for all the nice comments from last time, I appreciate them. :D

Greg has a new post at his blog The Bent Needle

I promised I'd post a pic of his finished Evangeline. So here it is, finally!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


It looks so fantastic, no picture can ever do it justice. :D And now he's working on a new project for me, you can see a glimpse of it on his blog.

I got my African ladies all framed up. These are special gifts so I had to do something special. Let me know what you think.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


I used shadow box frames because I had found these nifty African statues that I wanted to use in conjunction with the projects I stitched. Well with Greg's help we managed to get everything combined into a shadow box. I found these cool fabrics for the backgrounds at at local quilting shop called the Cosmic Cow (no I'm not making that up). I also glued some extra beads just to jazz it up a bit and it all just came together. I can't wait till I gift them to their new owners. :D

I have made amazing progress with my Trick or Treat project, it just started to flow along!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


I am about half way done with the owl and I think this project is just so fabu, I love it. :) I did change some of the colors because I didn't have everything that the pattern called for, but it worked out. Glendon Place makes some great patterns I may have to get some more down the road. :D

And lastly! I hope you all had or are having a great Halloween! Here (for Lili) are a couple of pics of my house decorated. This weekend it transmorphs into Thanksgiving. ;)

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


And in case you think you are seeing things, YES that is a skeleton with a party hat on sitting in my rocking chair holding an UGLY bat. ;)

6 comment(s):

What can I say? I love everything I see : the framed pieces, the halloween piece , the house !!! All is GREAT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

By Blogger Chiloe, at 11/01/2007 3:49 AM  

LOL @ the skeleton and bat! ;)

Wow, you've been busy! Those shadow boxes are an extraordinary way to display your African ladies. Great call!!

By Blogger mainely stitching, at 11/01/2007 7:12 AM  

Evangeline is gorgeous!! And so are the Arican ladies:)

Trick or Treat is too cute! I love the pumpkin.

By Blogger Dawn T., at 11/01/2007 8:49 AM  

As always, you've done an amazing job with the frames, Kim and Greg...
I have bought some threadworx threads today and they sure look very similar to NN so no need to panic. I'm just sorry for NN employees...
Your Halloween house looks fantastic, Kim. Thanks for the pic...
Lots of hugs,
Lili

By Blogger Leeland, at 11/05/2007 11:30 AM  

Greg's Evangeline turned out beautifully! And your African ladies? Wow, I barely know what to say. They are fantastic! You did a wonderful job with the shadow boxes!!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11/05/2007 12:37 PM  

Wow, they are all gorgeous!

By Blogger Carol, at 11/07/2007 9:13 AM  

Post a comment

<< Home