In Stitches

Thursday, November 08, 2007

Better Late Than Never

So I finally finished my owl on the pumpkin, it's meant for Halloween which was oh LAST week, but hey it's done. ;)

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


I love how it turned out, it has some minor glitches that we won't discuss but overall I love it. :) Now I just need to get it framed. I think the only complaint I can put forth is that the pattern didn't have a conversion to DMC. It was specialty threads only and that was a bit of a pain, especially for those that can't get or don't want to use them. I wish that this kind of info was noted when selling a pattern as it can be quite crucial. That's my only complaint though, the pattern is well done and easy to use. And FUN! :D

I told you that I took an embroidery class and showed my progress...well here's the finished project.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


The part I loved the most making this was the ribbon embroidery. I know, can you believe it? Everyone else hated it or had trouble with it but I really loved it. I have no idea what I'm going to do with this, maybe a pillow? But here is a close up of some of my stitches for San.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


Not too horrible for someone whose never done them (except for lazy daisies) before. LOL

Well I hope you all are having fun stitching and enjoying fall or spring depending on where you are. :D

10 comment(s):

Your pumpkin turned out great, and you'll enjoy it twice as much when next year rolls around. Your embroidery project is stunning! WOW!

By Blogger mainely stitching, at 11/08/2007 10:53 PM  

Your pumpkin is beautiful !!!
So is our class project, well done !!

By Blogger Iris, at 11/09/2007 2:02 AM  

Amazing!!! The owl would be my mom's fav, for sure...
And your heart is impressive!
Autumn is a tricky season. Not talking about Halloween here, though... Lol! It's just that I love the colours and special sunshine (light is more yellow) but when I see all the people around me complaining, I just can't help being contaminated by their mood...
Take care!
Lili

By Blogger Leeland, at 11/09/2007 2:30 AM  

The owl & pumpkin is darling, just think how much you will enjoy it over the years, even if it was a few days late for this year. Great job!

By Blogger Wawanna, at 11/11/2007 11:25 PM  

The pumpkin and owl are great!

By Blogger Dawn T., at 11/12/2007 8:50 AM  

My you've been busy. Trick or Treat looks wonderful, what a fun design. I haven't done any of the Glendon Place designs yet, but do have Easter Ave. in my stash to do at some point.

Your embroidary project is lovely too, what a fun way to learn the different stitches. Evangeline and the African Ladies look awesome framed up. The shadow boxes worked great with the statues, how creative.
Sue

By Blogger stitcherw, at 11/12/2007 7:08 PM  

molto bello lo schema di Halloween
complimenti

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11/14/2007 3:55 AM  

Your pumpkin is so cool!! And I love the shadow boxes! You are right - they really came together! I know the recipients will be so excited! Glad Greg is posting again! Love the pictures of your Halloween decorating! Impressive!

By Blogger Name: Vicki, at 11/17/2007 9:43 AM  

Just wanted to drop by and wish you all the best for the remainder of the festive season - and hope that 2008 is a wondrous year full of peace, love and happiness ... and plenty of stitchy goodness :)

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12/30/2007 2:35 AM  

Ohhh I love the oval frame you found for the owl. So elegant and old-fashioned.

Enjoyed your whole blog! Thanks for letting me visit today.

-Julie

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2/13/2008 12:59 AM  

Post a comment

<< Home