In Stitches

Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Wow, it's been a long time...

No I did not drop off the face of the planet. I just got bored and distracted and retreated for a while. I didn't even realize it had been this long since I'd updated.

I wish I could say I had loads and loads to show you, but I can't. I just haven't been in a stitching mood for a while. I do have some pics, but mostly Greg's. :D

I did get my owl framed finally and I finished a project that I had worked on forEVER. I guess sometimes we just need a break. Of course it didn't help that right after Xmas I got a nasty cold/virus thingy that didn't give up for over a month.

Anyhoo! Here is my framed owl!

Photobucket


Here is the project that I was working on for such a long time. I guess I mainly got bored with, even though when I started it I really wanted to do it. Just fickle I suppose. ;)

Photobucket


Greg finished up this project for me. I had begged him to stitch something fantastic for me after he finished his Evangeline. I had bought this pattern and knew he would make it turn out great and it did! I LOVE IT!

Photobucket


And here are some mini-projects that he did for charity donations at work.

Photobucket


Other than that nothing much to report. I am working on a charity stitch for Greg and I like it. It should go fairly fast.

I can't believe it's going to be Valentines day already! Seems like it was Xmas just last week. :D Hope everyone is doing well. I know you've been stitching cuz I keep lurking around your blogs. ;D Take care!

10 comment(s):

yeah, 3 months... but look at your wonderful owl ! It's definatly one of a kind, and in a style I've never seen before. I love it !

The lady reminds me of... me, as I have to swipe the leaves all winter... but I don't have pumpkins ;)

By Blogger AngelSan, at 2/07/2008 4:27 AM  

Hi Kim!! Great to hear from you!

Love the frame for your owl piece - you always do the best job with framing. :)

Take care!! And greetings to Greg!

By Blogger mainely stitching, at 2/07/2008 4:51 AM  

Great to see you back. What lovely finishes, and the frame you picked for Owl is awesome. I wouldn't have thought of an oval, but it is perfect for it.
Sue

By Blogger stitcherw, at 2/07/2008 11:54 AM  

Everything looks lovely.

By Blogger Rachel S-H, at 2/07/2008 2:31 PM  

Beautiful finishes!! The owl looks great on that frame and that Miabilia lady is gorgeous!!

By Blogger Carla, at 2/10/2008 4:33 PM  

Good to see you around again!! I love all your framing....I'm currently scouring the thrift stores, looking for the perfect frame for my first attempt at framing by myself.

By Blogger Erin, at 2/12/2008 8:02 AM  

Autumn in my garden turned out wonderful!
I love the frame for the owl!
The house project is beautiful! And it looks BIG!
Smily Cup is still looking good (wink!).
Big huge hugs to you and Greg,
Lili

By Blogger Leeland, at 2/18/2008 2:06 AM  

Hi Kim, liked your owl piece as well as the mini charity project pieces. You will laugh but the pumpkins in the lady's frame reminded me of nothing other than Cinderella story :)

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3/28/2008 10:29 AM  

Just wanted to appreciate your Halloween pumpkin overtaken by the owl. Its great

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4/05/2008 6:26 PM  

neat cross stitch with the pumpkin and the owl. i came across your blog while trying to find 1 of 3 Witches Stitches patterns that i still need to obtain. you are very talented with a needle. if you have old Witches Stitches patterns that you would consider selling please let me know. thanks.
Cryss

By Blogger Here Bead Dragons, at 4/07/2008 12:29 AM  

Post a comment

<< Home