In Stitches

Thursday, April 10, 2008

More Stuff

Well sad to say it's been another two months since I posted. I just can't seem to get in the blogging mood. But it does make for more stuff to talk about. :D

First off I have to show my new frames! Hobby Lobby had a 50% off framing sale and I had to take advantage of it. So I got two of my projects re-framed. I had wanted better frames for them for a while. They are square projects and it's nearly impossible to find square frames.

First up is my Blue Moon project:

Photobucket


I thought this frame would set off the project better and I think it looks great! Here is a close up of the frame:

Photobucket


My favorite of all is for my Pirate Map project from Lynne Nicoletti. I was never happy with the frame I had it in and I finally found one that I love!

Photobucket


Here is a close up:
Photobucket


This one looks so fabulous! I really love this frame and am glad I was able to get it.

Back in February I decided to start on an Autumn Sampler kit from Janlynn. It was a long complex project that would've taken me months to finish. But I was ready for it. So I got everything set up and started stitching. Here is how far I got

Photobucket


before I realized that I had started the project horizontally instead of vertically on the fabric. The fabric I had chosen for the project was narrower than it was long and that was fine if I had started the project in the right direction. As it was the project would NEVER fit on the fabric if I kept going the way I was. It was a major bummer to realize that. I had put a lot of work into it and honestly I just didn't want to start over again. It was a very tedious process and I just couldn't face it right then. So I bagged it and started on another project that I'd been wanting to do since last year.

But first I did a project for charity for Greg. He asked nicely. :D I think it turned out pretty nice. The tea dyed fabric is very pretty.

Photobucket


I also just finished "I will always be a wildflower" from Sam Sarah. Greg got it for me last year along with the buttons. I LOVE IT! It was easy and so fun to work on.

Photobucket


I dyed this fabric a while ago and I remember wondering what I would ever use it for, it was just such a strange color. Well you just never know, do you. It works so great with this project. I had to change out the colors because I didn't have the right specialty threads but I got close. I like the sunflower better than their original one. I think it looks more sunflowery. :D I'm not sure how I will finish this...when I saw it in the shop last year the lady had made it into a beautiful pillow. I may go that way if I can find the right fabric. :D

Lastly I have to show the gift that San sent me for Xmas. I found this frame by chance on sale and knew it was perfect for this gift. Greg did the matting and it all turned out fabulously. It's such a delicate project on a lightweight linen that is so pretty. Sorry for the slightly blurry pic, as always things always look better in person. ;)

Photobucket


Well that's it for now. I will try to update a bit more. I seem to be out of my slump so ....

Oh and if you are looking for my gallery I have to say that sadly it has gone away. The hosting site has gone away and I haven't found a new place for it yet.

Take care!

5 comment(s):

Good to see you again, Kim!!!

I LOOOOOVE the new frames, especially the one you chose for Pirate Island. It is perfect! And SamSarah's "Wildflower" design keeps popping on my wishlist... LOL

By Blogger Erin, at 4/10/2008 10:37 AM  

The new frames are gorgeous! Perfect choices for the designs.

I like the SamSarah piece - nice and colourful! :)

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4/10/2008 2:03 PM  

Great to see you posting an update, and what an update you had to post. You seem to save up all your wonderful items and then have an awesome entry. All your pieces look wonderful. The new frames really set the two pieces off beautifully. Wild Flower is a fantastic piece. I want to do that one for my DD as it fits her personality perfectly. The fabric was wonderful for it. Funny how you can have fabric and not a clue what you'll use it for and than something like that comes along. Sorry to hear about your Autumn Sampler having been started the wrong way, that was a lot of work to have put in and then have the frog visit in such a big way. I hope when you decide to restart it it goes very smoothly for you.
Sue

By Blogger stitcherw, at 4/12/2008 5:08 PM  

Congratulations Kim! Ann

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4/14/2008 5:06 AM  

Fireworks again! Lol!!!
Great frames, I especially love the treasure map frame AND project...
I'm so sorry for that Jannlyn autumn sampler kit! That would've cut my legs and arms as well...
The wildflower project is great and I think Greg picked just the right one (wink!).
Great fabric for the charity project.
San's sunflowers look real beautiful in this frame.
I'm off to the next post?
Hugs!
Lili

By Blogger Leeland, at 4/28/2008 11:56 AM  

Post a comment

<< Home